The tradition of excellence that began with our dependable double-acting hand pumps in 1870 continues today with innovative designs for a diversified product offering. As a part of Pentair Water, Myers continues to set the standard for quality, value, and reliability for the customer.
Myers, founded in 1870 by Francis and Philip Myers in Ashland, Ohio, the brothers began by building farm implements then engineered and manufactured the first double-acting hand pump that delivered water on both the up and down strokes. From this modest beginning, the Myers pump line grew and evolved over the decades to include wastewater removal and industrial pumps and systems. In 1960 the Myers family sold the business to the McNeil Corporation of Akron, Ohio. In 1986 the business was acquired by Pentair, Inc. of St. Paul, Minnesota where Myers is part of this $3 billion corporation’s water products group.
Myers is located on 80 acres in Ashland and operates in a modern 410,000 square foot manufacturing, distribution, foundry, and office facility employing approximately 600 people dedicated to supplying top quality jet and submersible well pumps; utility, sump and sewage pumps; effluent pumps; non-clog and other large waste handling pumps; and high pressure reciprocating and centrifugal pumps and pumping systems for residential, agricultural, commercial, municipal and industrial applications for North America and more than 100 foreign countries.